The main Iranian opposition coalition, the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI), has strongly condemned the presence of Hassan Rouhani, President of the religious fascism ruling Iran, in New York and at the United Nations General Assembly. The NCRI said on Sunday in a statement that Rouhani is among the most senior officials involved in the production of the nuclear bomb, 120,000 political executions, and warmongering and slaughter in the region. This regime does not represent the Iranian people and its leaders, from whatever faction, should face justice for crimes against humanity in Iran. Iran’s seat at the United Nations should be given to its people and their legitimate resistance.
Here's an excellent argument by former U.S. Rep. Patrick Kennedy, a Democrat, on the Iran nuclear deal and the need for the Obama administration to focus on supporting democracy in Iran. Mr. Kennedy's article appeared in the Chicago Tribune on Monday:
A new report from by the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom on imprisonment and persecution of Christians, Baha’is, Jews and minority Sunni Muslims has made key lawmakers to call for new human rights sanctions targeting Iran’s clerical regime and has urged President Obama whose administration is undergoing negotiations with Tehran to spearhead this step.
Reuters - A group of bipartisan U.S. senators introduced legislation on Wednesday that aims to block Iran's access to billions of dollars worth of foreign currency reserves, in the latest step by Congress to try to slow the Islamic Republic's disputed nuclear program.
Stop Fundamentalism – An Iranian-American dissident, who has been outspoken about the activities of the Iranian regime's Lobby in Washington, was awarded a sum over $180,000 last week by the court to compensate for damages following a defamation claim law suit brought against him by the Iranian government’s Lobby.
AFP - The People's Mujahedeen, the Iranian opposition group listed by the United States as a terrorist organization until last year, opened an office in Washington Thursday for the first time in 15 years.
Stop Fundamentalism – The U.S. Department of State officially announced today that it has removed the Iranian dissident group, the Mujahedin-e Khalq Organization (MEK) from its Foreign Terrorist Organizations list. The announcement comes only a week after the department’s spokeswoman, Victoria Nuland told reporters in a press briefing that Secretary of State Clinton has made her decision regarding the group and notified the Congress about her decision.
Stop Fundamentalism –U.S. officials told reporters today that Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton will notify the Congress Friday about her decision to take the Iranian opposition group, Mujaheding-e Khalq or MEK out of its list of foreign terrorist organizations.
On August 30, 2012, 17 former U.S. Generals and elected officials of U.S. government issued a joint statement calling on the Department of State to remove the name of the Iranian resistance movement, the Mujahedin-e Khalq, MEK from its Foreign Terrorist Organizations list. The full text of the statement, as was received by Stop Fundamentalism, is as follows.
Washington, DC--In February of this year, in response to open and repeated skepticism from members of Congress as to why the State Department continues to designate as a Foreign Terrorist Organization a group of Iranian expatriates who fervently oppose the oppressive regime in their native country and who present no threat to this country’s security, our Secretary of State said she would reconsider that designation. She said that one significant element in that reconsideration is whether 3,400 members of that organization, known as MEK, who resided at a location within Iraq known as Camp Ashraf and had surrendered what weapons they had to U.S. troops in 2003 in return for a guarantee that they would be treated as protected persons, would move to an abandoned U.S. military base near Baghdad known as Camp Liberty. The move was supposed to be in aid of resettling the MEK members in other countries. In part because these defenseless people had already been attacked twice -- in 2009 and 2011 – by Iraqi troops acting at the apparent behest of Iran, with dozens killed any many more wounded, they agreed.
LONDON, July 9, 2012 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- The International Solidarity for Democratic Change in Iran (ISDCI) denounces pressuring the Iranian opposition and the residents of Camps Ashraf into giving up minimum humanitarian life support requirements and relocating to Camp Liberty in return for possible delisting of the main Iranian opposition movement, the Mujahedin-e Khalq (MEK). Some 2,000 Ashraf residents have already relocated to Camp Liberty, where the living conditions are inhumane. The Camp has no running water and it must be delivered on a daily basis by tankers.
Two State Department officials held a press briefing on the issue on Friday July 6, 2012, urging the residents to leave Ashraf without the provision of critical humanitarian life support requirements.
Legal: All opinions stated are that of the Author and not this website’s and its editor. Also as a policy, we do not use copyrighted content on our website. If you notice such content, please contact us and we will remove the copyrighted material within 10 working days.