By Azita Carlson
The Iranian regime’s Supreme National Security Council Secretary, Ali Shamkhani, acknowledged the regime’s vicious massacre of protesters in the recent uprising in Iran.
The official IRNA news agency quoted Shamkhani on December 12 in a meeting with families of those killed in recent protests.
“More than 85 percent of those who died in the recent events in Tehran did not take part in the protests,” he said, ludicrously claiming these individuals “were killed in a suspicious manner with unofficial cold weapons or firearms.”
This is while it’s clear that regime suppressive forces were the only armed party and social media is flooded with footage of the regime’s suppressive forces and plainclothes agents firing directly from a close distance at defenseless protesters.
Shamkhani’s remarks show the intense social pressure on the regime which fears another public outburst. Such ludicrous remarks by top regime officials show the regime’s fear.
Day by day, new dimensions of the crimes of the mullahs’ regime during the uprising become clear. According to the latest report by the People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI or MEK Iran) network inside Iran, more than 1,000 protesters were killed, and another 4,000 were injured, while at least 12,000 were arrested. The MEK has to date verified and published the names and details of 432 victims. According to the MEK, some 320 deaths were registered in hospitals of Kermanshah Province alone.
Stopfundamentalism.com published on a shocking December 12 report citing witnesses on the scene of Iran protests.
Mrs. Maryam Rajavi, President-elect of the Iranian Resistance, has reiterated the need to take urgent action aimed at stopping the massacre and releasing detained protesters.
Mrs. Rajavi emphasized that the United Nations Security Council must declare this great massacre a crime against humanity and the UN Secretary-General should dispatch a fact-finding mission to Iran without delay to investigate the dimensions of this horrific massacre and inspect the prisons and detained protesters.
Iran Protests 2019 Background:
- Thousands of people took part in the Iran protests.
- The protesters demanded ‘regime change’ and the overthrow of Supreme leader Ali Khamenei
- The Iranian opposition movement the People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI), or Mujahedin-e-Khalq (MEK), was behind much of the protests.
- According to the MEK, the number of victims who have been identified so far is 380. The MEK released the names of another 30 martyrs of the Iranian people’s nationwide protests on Saturday.
- The number of martyrs of the nationwide protests exceeds 1,000. Several children and minors are among the victims.
- The Iran protests took place in more than 100 areas of the capital Tehran.
- The protests also took place in 27 provinces.
- According to Rahmani Fazli the regime Interior minister, the protesters destroyed at least 50 police and army centers, 140 government centers, 183 police vehicles, nine seminaries, 731 state-affiliated banks, and 70 gas stations.
High Commissioner for Human Rights
On Friday, December 6, the High Commissioner for Human Rights Michelle Bachelet issued a statement, expressing alarm over the Iranian regime’s violent response to nationwide protests that began on Friday, November 15.
Michelle Bachelet announced that there were “clear violations of international norms and standards on the use of force and serious violations of human rights” and she noted that at least 208 people were killed, including 13 women and 12 children.” She added that the numbers might be more than twice that and “those responsible must be held accountable.”
The State Department
On Thursday, the United States said that the Iranian regime might have killed over 1,000 protesters in a bloody crackdown on demonstrations, which Washington described as Iran’s worst-ever domestic problem.
Brian Hook, the US special envoy on Iran, said: "It appears the regime could have murdered over 1,000 Iranian citizens since the protests began…. We know for certain it is many, many hundreds."
He said that it was difficult to verify exact numbers because of the Iranian regime’s attempts to hide their crimes, by shutting down the internet. He did say that "many thousands" are injured and at least 7,000 have been detained, basing figures on videos posted online from the brave Iranians defying internet restrictions.
Mrs. Maryam Rajavi, President-elect of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI), “hailed the uprising’s heroic martyrs, and called on the United Nations Security Council, the European Union and its member states to condemn this horrendous mass killing by the Iranian regime and to take urgent action to stop this crime against humanity and secure the release all those arrested.”
Mrs. Rajavi called on the UN Secretary-General to “send a fact-finding mission without delay to investigate this horrific crime and visit the prisons and meet the prisoners.” Mrs. Rajavi added that the “international community must ostracize the murderous theocracy ruling Iran from the community of nations. Khamenei, Rouhani and other regime leaders must face justice”.