Maryam Rajavi announced this on Saturday 11, June in a meeting of the NCRI which was held in support of the Syrian people and their resistance.
The mullahs’ regime defends its interference in Syria because of Holy Shrines in the area but the Shiite Shrine of Hazrat Zainab is hundreds of miles from the Aleppo region where most of their casualties occurred.
Rajavi addressed the Syrian opposition: “No major power has backed you over these years, while others have formed alliances with the butcher of Damascus, or at best, remained indifferent. You have resisted by relying on your own strength. This has given you the strength to remain firm and keep the initiative in the face of international pressures to make you back down from the Syrian people's demands”.
She describes the Syrian Revolution as a “death trap” for Iran’s regime and called for Ali Khamenei and Bashar Assad to be prosecuted.
Maryam Rajavi said: “The most important component of a correct and effective solution to the crisis in the region is the eviction of the clerical regime from countries of the region. So long as the IRGC is in Syria, the country will not experience peace and tranquillity; so long as the Iranian regime is not expelled from the international negotiations, the talks will not produce any results; and so long as the regime is not evicted from Syria and Iraq, the fight against Daesh (ISIS or ISIL) will not amount to any decisive outcome”.
The meeting was moderated by Ahmad Kamel, press advisor to the Syrian High Negotiations Committee. Other speakers included; Dr. Anouar Malek, writer and former Syrian correspondent in the Arab Union; Tahar Boumedra, former head of the UN human rights office in Iraq and Jalal Ganjeii, chairman of the NCRI Committee on Freedom of Religions.
Prominent people from the Syrian opposition movement who were in attendance include:
· Haitham al-Maleh, chairman of the Syrian National Council legal committee
· Michel Kilo, political bureau member of the Coalition
· Soheir Attassi, member of the High Negotiations Committee of the Syrian Opposition
· Dr. Nasser Al-Hariri, member of the Coalition
· Nagham Ghadri, member of the Coalition and former Vice Chairman
· Dr. Taghrid al-Hagli, former Minister for Culture and Family Affairs of the Syrian Interim Government
· Ghassan Aboud, head of Orient Television
· Brig. General Mesghal Al-Batish
· Brig. General Mustafa Sheikh, a commander of the Free Syrian Army
· Brig. General Abdallah Albashir al-Naimi, former chief of staff of the Free Syrian Army
The solidarity meeting featured a photo exhibition showing five years of the Syrian people's heroic resistance, disasters in Syria and crimes of the Iranian regime and their allies in that country. They had performances by a Syrian music group led by celebrity singer Samih Shaker.