Stop Fundamentalism – The Iranian opposition, in a statement today, warned about possibility of another attack on a dissident camp in Iraq, which is occupied by 3100 of its members. A rocket attack on the camp last month killed 7 and injured about one hundred residents.
Stop Fundamentalism - Iranian and Iraqi governments were directly involved in the February 9 shelling of Camp Liberty, killing six Iranian refugees and wounding about one hundred, said a statement by the National Council of Resistance of Iran, the Iranian opposition movement in exile. Another resident died in a Baghdad hospital yesterday as the result of his injuries, said the same source.
A conference held on Saturday February 9 in Washington D.C. was a chance for some U.S. former top officials to show anger and frustration about the conduct of UN Secretary General Special Representative Martin Kobler after Saturday’s rocket attack on Camp Liberty in Iraq leaving six Iranian dissidents dead. Speakers called on Kobler to resign his post as he had failed to fulfill commitments to the 3100 Iranian refugees in the camp.
Attack on Liberty with at least 35 missiles and mortars has left 6 killed and more than 50 injured
At 05:45 this morning, local time, camp Liberty was attacked with missiles and mortars. Until now 6 residents including a woman were martyred and more than 50 people injured. The injured are at critical condition and the number of martyrs may rise. One of the 6 residents died two hours after the attack due to delay in transfer to hospital. The names of martyrs are: Pouran Najafi, Yahya Nazari, Akbar Azizi, Mostafa Khosravi, Mehdi Abed and Hadi Shafiei.
A former Deputy Director of the C.I.A's national clandestine service, John Sano, revealed in Paris on February 2, that "a secret war is going on in Washington" to influence U.S.’s future policy on Iran which " the Iranian Ministry of Intelligence and Security, the MOIS, is fully engaged in." The former CIA official added that in fact, "they’re probably directing it."