LONDON, June 29, 2006 (AFP) – Who’s saying what at Wimbledon:
"I listen to some Yugoslavian music before I go on court. Everyone thinks it’s horrendous but it pumps me up."
– Britain’s Sarah Borwell after reaching the second round.
"I missed the bombs by about two days. I thought to myself I was quite lucky."
– British player Martin Lee who was almost caught up in the Sharm el-Sheikh bomb attack last year.
"If someone’s incredible outfit put you off your game, mentally you’re not ready to be a professional tennis player."
– Venus Williams on the singlet, soccer socks and basketball shoes worn by her first round opponent Bethanie Mattek.
"Definitely a few more years."
– Tim Henman vowing to return to Wimbledon despite his second round defeat to Roger Federer
"I think they’re too skinny. Maybe they need to eat more."
– China’s Peng Shuai offering advice to her male compatriots who have struggled to keep up with the progress made by the women players