By Staff writer, SF
High-ranking Iranian Regime officials have been expressing their concerns over the increased activities of the Iranian opposition People's Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) Resistance Units in cities and towns across the country.
Ali Ghassemian, an expert of the Iranian regime’s inner circle, wrote in the state-run Vatane Emruz daily: “Today, the [PMOI/MEK] are attempting to make contact with our younger generation through social media platforms… They are guiding them to set billboards and signs on fire, hold images of [PMOI/MEK] while chanting against the state. They are calling this ‘Resistance Units’.”
So let’s look at some of the instances of resistance in recent days that has the Regime so concerned. These acts are carried out by PMOI/MEK resistance units who are risking their lives to protest against the Regime and putting themselves in more danger by targeting figures of the Regime.
• Members of Resistance Unit 650 set fire to a poster of Iranian regime founder Ruhollah Khomeini and Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei.
• Members of an unidentified resistance unit set fire to a Khamenei poster on the Tehran-Karaj highway heading out west of the capital.
• Members of Resistance Unit 424 set fire to a poster of Khamenei and chanted “Death to Khamenei – Hail to Rajavi”; a reference to Iranian Resistance leader Massoud Rajavi and opposition President Maryam Rajavi.
• Members of Resistance Unit 822 set fire to another Khomeini/Khamenei poster.
• Members of Resistance Unit 260 put up posters of Maryam Rajavi across the city.
• Members of an unidentified resistance unit set fire to a poster of Khamenei and chanted “Hail to Rajavi”, while martyrdom of PMOI/MEK heroes.
• Members of Resistance Unit 442 set fire to a Khomeini/Khamenei poster.
• Members of an unidentified resistance unit put up posters quoting Massoud Rajavi, which read: “Victory is ours – Tomorrow is ours.”
• Members of Resistance Unit 810 set fire to a Khomeini/Khamenei poster and left a sign that read: “We members of resistance units have sworn to continue the struggle until the mullahs’ regime is overthrown and freedom is established for the Iranian people.”
• Members of an unidentified resistance unit put up a large poster quoting Maryam Rajavi, which read: “The cry for freedom and uprisings strengthens with each passing day.”
West Azerbaijan Province
• Members of Resistance Unit 585 put up posters commemorating martyrs of the December 2017 uprising and a Massoud Rajavi sign.
Members of various resistance units graffitied “Death to Khamenei/[President Hassan] Rouhani” and “Hail to Rajavi – Freedom – Death to the dictator – Hail to the National Liberation Army of Iran – Hail to Maryam Rajavi” across the city.