Stop Fundamentalism – A gas capsule explosion in a residential house in Shiraz killed 5 residents and injured at least six today, Iranian state-run television reported.
Many households in Iran use liquid gas capsules to provide fuel for cooking and heating. The capsules are often rundown and old and left neglected. There are no regulation for proper attention to their conditions by the Iranian National Gas Company. For this reason gas capsule explosions often claim innocent lives and devastate families.
The Shiraz explosion today took place at 3:30 in the morning in a house. Two residents have been reported dead and two others injured. The explosion also claimed the lives of three residents in neighboring homes. Four more people in the neighborhood received injuries of various degrees.