The MEK Resistance Units in Iran have bravely taken to the streets of many Iranian cities to spread the message of opposition to the mullahs’ regime and praise the words of Mrs. Maryam Rajavi, the president-elect of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI).
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI / MEK Iran)’s an internal network, the MEK resistance Units, have been busy scrawling politically potent graffiti all over public buildings, calling for the removal of Iran’s Supreme Leader, Ali Khamenei and President, Hassan Rouhani.
Some of the slogans that were used are listed below:
- “Rise to overthrow the regime of the Supreme Leader”
- “Khamenei and Rouhani must face justice for a crime against humanity”
- “Down with the principle of the Supreme Leader’s rule”
- “The Iranian people’s wealth, which is under control of IRGC (Revolutionary Guard) & Khamenei must be wrested out of the mullahs’ control.”
- “Our goal is not to take over at any cost, our goal is to establish freedom, justice, and democracy in Iran at any cost, long live freedom”
- “Down with Khamenei, viva Rajavi, hail to freedom!”
The release of Mrs. Maryam Rajavi and other key figures of the opposition on July 3rd, 2003 in France was also celebrated by the MEK Resistance Units. It was on this date that the French court system ordered the release of all those Iranian leaders who had been arrested illegally by French police in Auvers-Sur-Oise two weeks earlier. The headquarters of the NCRI had been attacked by the French police in a raid that led to the ransacking of the building and the arrest of Maryam Rajavi and many hundreds of other resistance figures. Much property inside the NCRI headquarters was destroyed during the raid.
It was after 17 days of imprisonment that all who had been arrested including Mrs. Maryam Rajavi were released as the police action was overruled by the courts.
In Iran over the last few days, the Resistance Units have celebrated the date of the release by unfurling banners and posters that support Mrs. Maryam Rajavi.
Some of the slogans that were revealed include the following:
- “July 3 is one of the most glorious moments in the history of the resistance of the Iranian people”
- “Maryam Rajavi is the national symbol of freedom in Iran”
- “Maryam Rajavi: we are waiting for you”
- “Freedom, justice and people’s sovereignty with Maryam Rajavi”
- “Maryam Rajavi is a symbol of national solidarity of the Iranian people”
- “Democracy and freedom with Maryam Rajavi”
- “Dear Maryam, you are the hope of the young generation, you will rescue Iran”
- “Down with Khamenei, Viva Rajavi”