Iranian-American
Thursday August 24, 2017

U.S. State Department Removes Iranian MEK from its Blacklist

User Rating:  / 0

Stop Fundamentalism – The U.S. Department of State officially announced today that it has removed the Iranian dissident group, the Mujahedin-e Khalq Organization (MEK) from its Foreign Terrorist Organizations list.  The announcement comes only a week after the department’s spokeswoman, Victoria Nuland told reporters in a press briefing that Secretary of State Clinton has made her decision regarding the group and notified the Congress about her decision. 

Read more...

Secretary Clinton to Remove MEK from U.S. FTO List

User Rating:  / 0

Stop Fundamentalism –U.S. officials told reporters today that Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton will notify the Congress Friday about her decision to take the Iranian opposition group, Mujaheding-e Khalq or MEK out of its list of foreign terrorist organizations.

Read more...

State Department's Coercing Ashraf Residents to Forgo Their Humanitarian Needs in Return for Possible Delisting of MEK is Appalling and Unlawful

User Rating:  / 0

PRESS RELEASE
LONDON, July 9, 2012 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- The International Solidarity for Democratic Change in Iran (ISDCI) denounces pressuring the Iranian opposition and the residents of Camps Ashraf into giving up minimum humanitarian life support requirements and relocating to Camp Liberty in return for possible delisting of the main Iranian opposition movement, the Mujahedin-e Khalq (MEK). Some 2,000 Ashraf residents have already relocated to Camp Liberty, where the living conditions are inhumane. The Camp has no running water and it must be delivered on a daily basis by tankers.

Two State Department officials held a press briefing on the issue on Friday July 6, 2012, urging the residents to leave Ashraf without the provision of critical humanitarian life support requirements.

Read more...

Former U.S. Officials Call on Department of State to Delist MEK

User Rating:  / 0

On August 30, 2012, 17 former U.S. Generals and elected officials of U.S. government issued a joint statement calling on the Department of State to remove the name of the Iranian resistance movement, the Mujahedin-e Khalq, MEK from its Foreign Terrorist Organizations list. The full text of the statement, as was received by Stop Fundamentalism, is as follows.

Washington, DC--In February of this year, in response to open and repeated skepticism from members of Congress as to why the State Department continues to designate as a Foreign Terrorist Organization a group of Iranian expatriates who fervently oppose the oppressive regime in their native country and who present no threat to this country’s security, our Secretary of State said she would reconsider that designation.  She said that one significant element in that reconsideration is whether 3,400 members of that organization, known as MEK, who resided at a location within Iraq known as Camp Ashraf and had surrendered what weapons they had to U.S. troops in 2003 in return for a guarantee that they would be treated as protected persons, would move to an abandoned U.S. military base near Baghdad known as Camp Liberty.  The move was supposed to be in aid of resettling the MEK members in other countries.  In part because these defenseless people had already been attacked twice -- in 2009 and 2011 – by Iraqi troops acting at the apparent behest of Iran, with dozens killed any many more wounded, they agreed.

Read more...

Newt Gingrich in Paris, Supports Regime Change in Iran

User Rating:  / 0

Stop Fundamentalism/PRNewsWire, Monday 25, 2012 - Subsequent to the gathering of 100,000 Iranians in Paris yesterday, Mr. Newt Gingrich, former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives, spoke before a large number of supporters of the Iranian Resistance in Paris on Sunday, June 24, 2012.  

Read more...

Who is Hassan Rouhani?

IRAN: AUTHORITIES DESTROYING REMNANTS OF GRAVES OF 1988 MASSACRE VICTIMS

Iran: Stock Losers of Financial Firms Rally in Mashhad, 6 June 2017

Iran: Protest In Tehran, In front of Parliament against Credit Institutions, 6 June 2017